Friday, January 14, 2011

My first book review!

I've just finished reading INVASION a C.H.A.O.S. novel by Jon S. Lewis.  This is a very well written and interesting book for teens but I highly enjoyed it too.   It has tragedy and is chock full of mystery!  The characters are so real and easy to relate to.  It brings si-fi, aliens and other worlds to life through the comparison of comic books and reality. When Colt moves to Arizona to live with his grandfather he gets wrapped up in an unbelievable scheme in trying to expose a secret mind-control program and tries to find out what really happened to his parents.
Lewis does a great job in making his characters real, even the not so real aliens.  He makes it seem so real that you wonder about the possibilities of this actually happening in our own world.  The author grasped my attention right from the beginning of the novel.  He carried me through the ups and downs with twists and turns with each new chapter.  I finished the book wanting more and look forward to another C.H.A.O.S. mystery!
My teen daughter read the book before I did and she really enjoyed it.  She said 'It's so great!  You really have to read this mom!'.  I don't normally read books aimed at a younger generation or ones that my daughter usually enjoys but I am glad I read this one.  It's an excellent book and I highly recommend it to teens and to those of you looking for a little bit of escape from the every day life!

No comments:

Post a Comment